- Gemstone Family - Quartz
- Chakras - Root (1st), Sexual/Creative (2nd), Solar Plexus (3rd)
- Colour - Yellow/Orange (Natural Cirtine is a pale yellow, heat treated Amethyst is a deeper yellow/orange with white)
- Found in - Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, France, Madagascar, Myanmar (Burma), Namibia, Russia, Scotland, Spain, Uruguay and Zambia.
- Element Associated with - Fire
- Also known as - Citron (French), "The Merchants Stone" , "Success Stone", Citrina
- Meaning - "Lemon"
- Birthstone Month - November
- Zodiac Sign - Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra
- Chemical Composition - SiO2
- Hardness on the Mohs scale - 7 (1 being softest, 10 being hardest)
- Physical Healing Properties - Supports digestion, increases metabolism, helps with weight loss
- Emotional Healing Properties - Can stimulate optimism, playfulness, negate indecisiveness, allows for clear thinking
- Spiritual Properties - Enhances creative imagination, enhances will power, manifestation of prosperity, accelerates spiritual vision
- Legend has it that.... In ancient times, citrine was worn as protection against snake venom and evil thoughts.
View our range of Citrine products - Click Here
Click here to download your free printable reference sheet