- Gemstone Family - Sodalite
- Chakras - Throat (5th), Third Eye (6th)
- Colour - Mottled blue
- Found in - North America, France, Brazil, Greenland, Russia, Myanmar and Romania
- Element - Wind
- Also known as - Hackmanite
- Meaning - Named 'sodalite' due to it's high sodium content ('soda' is used to refer to sodium carbonate)
- Birthstone Month - February
- Zodiac Sign - Sagittarius
- Chemical Composition - Na8(Al6Si6O24)Cl2
- Hardness on the Mohs scale - 5.5-6
- Physical Healing Properties - Balances metabolism and cleanses the lymphatic system along with boosting the immune system. It also treats the vocal cords and larynx as well as lowering blood pressure and stimulating the absorption of fluid in the body.
- Emotional Healing Properties - Instills a drive for truth and clears electromagnetic pollution, Also stimulates trust between members of a group and eliminates mental confusion - encouraging rational thought and balancing emotions.
- Spiritual Properties - Encourages psychic development and spiritual growth - produces a calming effect which allows you to gain inner peace.
- Legend has it that.... Dating back to ancient civilizations, sodalite was believed to help with self-expression - artists were known to carry it for inspiration. It was also linked to the heavens due to its pale blue colour echoing that of the sky - during the Renaissance, this particular shade of blue was considered sacred and was used to color the robes of Mary and the Archangel Michael
Thanks for this amazing article which has given me everything I need to know to continue with my healing practice. I love The Psychic tree…thanks universe for sending me your way…
with light and love