- Gemstone Family - Lazurite
- Chakras - Throat / Third Eye (5th and 6th)
- Colour - Blue with Gold Flecks
- Found in - Russia, Afghanistan, Chile, Italy, United States, Egypt, Middle East.
- Element - Water
- Also known as - Lapis
- Meaning - Wisdom & Truth
- Birthstone Month - None
- Zodiac Sign - Sagittarius
- Chemical Composition - (Na,Ca)8(AlSiO4)6(S,SO4,Cl)1-2
- Hardness on the Mohs scale - 5-5.5 (1 being softest, 10 being hardest)
- Physical Healing Properties - Beneficial to the throat, larynx and vocal chords, and can help regulate the endocrine and thyroid glands. Also used to relive general pain and aids the nervous system and brain disorders or headaches and migraines.
- Emotional Healing Properties - A crystal of truth, it promotes inner awareness and wisdom
- Spiritual Properties - One of the oldest spiritual stones it represents universal truth. It releases stress and expands awareness when placed over the third eye.
- Legend has it that... Ancient Egyptian priests would dye their clothes in Lapis Lazuli paint to solidify their status as Gods.
View our Lapis Lazuli Collection Here
Click here to download your free printable reference sheet